Bletchley Park is situated near Milton Keynes, just off the M1. It will be open to visitors from 10.30am till 5.00p.m. on both days. Entrance fees are: Adults £4.50, Concessions £3.50, children under 8 free. Entrance fee covers all of the festival events and exhibitions except concerts within the concert hall. Car parking is free.
Program of events on Saturday July 24th.
10.00am. Park and all attractions open.
11.30-12-30pm Lecture by John Gallehawk-Polish Contributions to WW ll.
1.00-1.30pm Display by ATC cadets the famous 303 squadron.
1.00-2.00pm Lecture by Prof. J. Garlinski -Enigma.
1.45-2.15pm Display by MK Pipe Band and Dancers.
3.00-4.30pm Warsaw Youth Orchestra - Tickets at entrance priced £2.00.
3.30-4.30 pm Display by MK Pipe Band and Dancers.
6.00-11.30pm VIP reception and Commemorative Dinner.
Sponsored by British Aerospace)
Chopin recital by Ewa Osinska-invitation only.
(Sponsored by The Laski Foundation)
Sunday July 25th.
10.00am Park and attractions open.
12.00-12.30pm Display by Tatry Polish Folklore Dancers.
12.20pm Fly past by the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight including : a Hurricane, a Spitfire and a Lancaster.
1.00-2.00pm Polish Mass will be celebrated at St. Thomas Aquinas Church in Bletchley.
1.00-1.30pm Display by ATC Cadets.
2.00-2.30pm Display by MK Pipe Band and Dancers.
3.00-3.30pm Display by Tatry Polish Folklore Group.
4.154.45pm Display by MK Pipe Band and Dancers.
4.45 pm Finale by MK Band.
3.00-4.30pm Chopin piano recital by Simon Mulligan.
(Sponsored byBank Handlowy w Warszawie SA, 16 Eastcheap, London EC3M 1NL). Tickets at entrance priced £7.50.
During the afternoon there will also be a freefall parachute display.
The following special attractions will be open on both days:
1. Main Exhibition staged by the Federation of Poles in Gt. Britain entitled "Poland from the Enigma to the E.U."
This Exhibition is sponsored jointly by:
The Polish Ministry of Economy and
The Polish National Tourist Office
310-312 Regent Street, London W1R 5A.
2. Polish Enigma machine and other exhibits on loan from the Sikorski Museum.
3. Polish art and folk exhibition.
4. Various Museum Groups at the Park will be putting on special displays relevant to Poland and Polish culture.
5. An exhibition featuring work of Polish artists working in the UK.
6. Trade Fair.
7. Commemorative joint Polish/British cover will be on show and sale.
8. Polish Scouts Radio Club with BP Amateur Radio Club will be transmitting from the site.
9. We are planning to put on, at regular intervals throughout both days, an re- enactment of the actual historical hand over of the Enigma secrets.10.There will be an exhibition of paintings by Stefan Knapp in the concert hall.
All the other attractions and exhibitions that are always offered at Bletchley Park open weekends will also be available.
RETURN TO POLISH CONSULATE IN KIDDERMINSTER HOME PAGE